In Benton County, local officials have suggested that a highway connection from the proposed Highway 612 (Springdale Northern Bypass) to Highway 549 (Bella Vista Bypass) west of Interstate 49 and in the vicinity of the Northwest Arkansas National Airport could improve regional mobility.
- Determine the need for a new highway connection from the proposed Highway 612 (Springdale Northern Bypass) to Highway 549 (Bella Vista Bypass) west of Interstate 49
- Identify feasible alternatives for addressing regional needs
- Develop cost estimates for each alternative
- Engage with stakeholders throughout the study process
- Note: The 2040 Northwest Arkansas Metropolitan Transportation Plan proposes north-south corridor improvements within the study area.
- Improve connectivity (primary study goal)
- Improve mobility/relieve congestion
- Improve reliability
- Enhance safety/security
- Improve resiliency
- Strengthen economic competitiveness
- Support alternative transportation choices
- Maintain a state of good repair
- Minimize impacts to the natural, historic, and cultural environments
Mid 2020 - Early 2021
- Continue to analyze traffic, safety, environmental, and other data and compile with public comments to determine the need for improvements
- Prepare traffic forecasts
- Coordinate stakeholder meetings to discuss local and regional plans
- Develop and analyze improvement alternatives
- Second round of public involvement activities to present and discuss preliminary findings
- Submit draft final report
ARDOT is performing an environmental assessment to evaluate alternatives for the proposed XNA access road. This study will incorporate the findings and recommendations of the XNA access road study.